Let’s say you’re an artist in Hungary specializing in movie posters. You were approached by one of your clients and told you to make a poster for this strange new movie set in outer space, and aside from a couple of production stills, gave you nothing else.
That should be a recipe for disaster, right? Not for Tibor Helényi, who made these fantastic posters for the original Star Wars trilogy. In fact, because he picked the strangest and most outlandish elements of the original trilogy to put in his posters, somehow it advertised that Star Wars is about Darth Vader and Greedo.
And to be perfectly honest with you, I’m ok with a movie trilogy of Darth Vader and Greedo on a road trip to remove the Empire of evil.
Not convinced? Check out the Hungarian Star Wars posters below:
Anyway, that’s it. Happy May 4th, you guys.
- How ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Looks Like Without Visual Effects
- We’re Home: ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Review
- ‘The Beatles: Eight Days a Week – The Touring Years’ Review
- Ranking the ‘Doctor Who’ Series Finales From Best to Worst
- ‘Batman: Bad Blood’ Review: Band-Aids Don’t Fix Bullet Holes