If you’ve read my review of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, you’d know that I found the movie to be a pretty fantastic movie, picking up where Return of the Jedi left off and introducing a new generation of wonderful characters and their adventures.
Sure, we’ve seen people praise The Force Awakens to high heavens already, but I also thought the visual effects were top-notch. There’s been so much said behind director JJ Abrams’ decision to use practical effects as much as possible, and the film looks so wonderful because of it. We haven’t really taken a good look at how much work did go into the movie, though.
Check out the video below, showing select scenes from Star Wars: The Force Awakens and comparing them before and after they were given the VFX treatment.
Oh, if you haven’t seen the movie yet, be careful – the video is full of SPOILERS.
Man, that’s a lot of work. I really appreciated all the effort that went into this movie, and seeing the behind-the-scenes video just made me love Star Wars: The Force Awakens even more.
If you liked this, these other posts may interest you:
- Nintendo’s 2018 E3 Direct is Almost Here. Time for Baseless Speculation!
- 4 Noteworthy Comics Series Outside of Marvel and DC
- ‘Train to Busan’ is a Fantastic, Harrowing Take on the Zombie Genre
- A Christmas Gift List For That Geek Friend In Your Life (Who is Probably Named Ade)
- What Do You Think of the New ‘Doctor Who’ Logo?