I love fighting games, and I may be a Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat kind of guy, but this Tekken 7 news is interesting. You see, director Katsuhiro Harada recently introduced the latest Tekken character, and she is named Josie Rizal.
Josie Rizal (ジョシー・リサール) from Philippines Fighting Style: Eskrima & Kick Boxing Demo play video. https://t.co/Yxh7cWPyWk
— Katsuhiro Harada (@Harada_TEKKEN) March 29, 2015
Yes, she is seriously named Josie Rizal, and I honestly don’t know how that name sounds like somebody I’d want to fight with.
Yes, I am glad that Filipinos are getting representation in Tekken (Pinoy Pride, amirite?!), but really, they couldn’t have picked a better name? We have a plethora of badass female historical figures (Gabriela Silang comes to mind) but they had to pick a gender-swapped Jose Rizal. Nice. Soul Calibur had a Filipina female character named Talim, which was a totally killer name.
However, her fighting style is based on Eskrima & Kick Boxing which sounds absolutely badass.
Anyway, if you want to watch the official Josie Rizal introductory video below, be prepared for a victory cry.
What do you think of Josie Rizal? Leave a comment and let me know!
[H/T: What’s A Geek]
- ‘ARMS’ Review: Punching its Way into the Spotlight
- The Lapsed Gamer: Games I’m Looking Forward to Playing this 2017
- The Lapsed Gamer: My Top 5 Nintendo Switch Games of 2017
- What Do You Think of the New ‘Doctor Who’ Logo?
- A Christmas Gift List For That Geek Friend In Your Life (Who is Probably Named Ade)