2008 has come and gone, and unlike 2007, I haven’t been assraped this time. Nosiree, 2008 has been a great year for me. It may have started on a really bad note (must be the 2007 hangover), but it ended rather awesomely.
Kind of like this. Only with more Darth Vader.
Yeah, that’s how the year was for me. So let me stop boring you with this obligatory introductory statement. This is my first post of the year, and let me oblige by giving you the obligatory best of 2008 post. Obligatorily.
- My Grand Plan to Save the World From Karaoke – I could’ve started the year with a recap, a a post detailing how awesome the year will be and shit, but noooo, I ranted about karaoke. This kind of sets the tone of the rest of my year.
- Inner Child Therapy: On Aging – My inner child is a dick. Seriously. I get philosophical and all, which is a feat in itself, because that would entail time away from my beloved computer and potato chips. It’s been almost a year since this entry was posted and he still isn’t finished with all those erectile dysfunction jokes. The asshole.
- An Epic Entry Involving Broccolis, Manboobs, DoTA, Dawson’s Creek, and Tom Cruise – me and fellow singleton Kring decided to celebrate V-Day 2008 by bitching about how life sucks to be single on February 14. I also spent that day alone in my room, with my right hand and some choice Maria Ozawa videos as company.
- The Top 5 Most Unfortunate Toy Ideas – This proves that I had way too much free time on my hands and that I should quit destroyng some poor schmuck’s childhood.
- MRT? More Like M-R-YOU-SUCK-COCK-T! – First day on the new job, and I lose my phone. Good times.
- An Open Letter To That Very Cute Chinita Barista At Seattle’s Best Coffee Tomas Morato – this one entry destroyed every possibility of me getting it on with that barista. Also, a few weeks after this entry was published, Seattle’s Best Tomas Morato closed down. Coincidence?
- In This Entry Ade Talks About Marriage. And Stuff -So I get introspective and all. What?
- Metro Manila: A Survival Guide – This entry literally took three weeks to write. It was totally worth it though, because I still get people who get to my site via Google and are totally dumbfounded. Also, I think I did not help tourism.
- TMB Presents The Banana Gangbang Rock Festival: HOLY CRAP IT WAS AWESOMETASTIC. – Come on, any 2008 recap without a mention of this life-changing event which just melted the face of everyone within a five-foot radius would be a lie. A freaking big lie. Also, my band rocked.
- An Open Letter To The Girl Who Accidentally Touched My Bird in The Elevator – Aaaaaand just when you thought I couldn’t get any creepier, I prove you wrong. Hugs?
- New Relationships, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past – I’ve a new girlfriend, and I get mushy. And introspective. Shut up.
- Drugstore Clerk Etiquette for Condom-buying Customers – My good friend, Schmade, who is also newly girlfriended, tells me of his tale of condom-buying embarassment. No, really.
- Down The Highway: An Advice Column For Emos – 10 – The glorious return of DtH from that horrible land we call writer’s block and drafts.
- Bugsy The Talking Bunny – Stupid kid + bunny + awkwardness = HILARITY
- When They Say the Chicken Is Hot, They Frickin’ Mean It. – Seriously, because of my failure to listen to my girlfriend’s warning, half of the tastebuds on the left side of my tongue are still dead.
- My Brain Stopped Working And I Was Too Busy To Notice – When you get David Hasselhoff and his nipple to write for you, you know you’ve reached a new low.
- Hamlet (I Don’t Have an Imaginative Title. Whatev) – No matter how imperfect the production of Philippine Rep’s Hamlet may be, the costumes still blew me away.
- Notes on “Eva Fonda” – Cristine Reyes. Come OOOOOOOOOON.
- Review: The Machine Girl – Tempura. Dismembered arms turning to machine guns. Drill bras.
- The World has Always Been Crazy, We Just Don’t Notice It: Mayor Beats Up 56 Year Old Man and 14 Year Old Boy – My one and only blog entry about current events.
That just about sums it up. Here’s hoping that 2009 will be just as awesome as the year that ended.
What about you guys, what are your favorite blog entries for 2008?