Last Thursday, Metro Manila was in the mercy of Milenyo, one of the worst storms to hit the metro in recent memory, and, well, it just plunged the whole of Luzon into a massive blackout and threw the whole country into chaos.
Credit goes out to seav for the original image.
So, imagine me, an internet addict who, for the life of me, cannot take a data sabbath, being cut off from the rest of the digital world. It’s torture, I tell you. As both of my cellphones were signal-less and my iPod’s battery also conveniently died, I was instead anxiously waiting on the status of the weather on our ancient transistor radio and was worried sick about the people caught in the midst of the storm’s fury. (Yes, I do care about humanity. Screw you.) But I did learn a few things:
- People would risk decapitation for some few measly pieces of flying rusted corrugated roofing.
- Going cold turkey off teh interwebs can actually cause uncontrollable muscle spasms and shortness of breath.
- Also, listening to the radio’s news broadcast gives me the impression that radio stations have a thing against those billboards that line up the metro. Especially the falling ones.
- Billboards are actually fatal. (Well, seeing that giant billboard of Kris Aquino in her underwear along the stretch of EDSA could actually cause fatal epileptic siezures, but that’s another story).
- Braving the strong rain and winds while having a bout of flu isn’t really the smartest thing to do.
- Watching a large tree get uprooted and roll along the street is very fascinating to watch. Until you realize it’s headed towards you.
But if you think that this article was done in bad taste, think again. We just survived one of the biggest calamities to hit the country ever. I’m just thankful, but if you did lose your home, property or loved ones during that horrible storm, my heart and prayers go out to you.
As I said, I do care about humanity. Screw. You.
So, how did Milenyo affect you? Comment away!
- Livestreamer Accidentally Sets Room on Fire, Disappoints Smokey the Bear
- Horror in Your Phone: ‘SIM – Sara is Missing’ Review
- Losing Weight… With Technology!
- Christmas Gift Ideas for Your Geeky Friend (Who May or May Not Be Named Ade)
- Bobby Anti-Theft Backpack Review: A Well-Realized First Generation Product