In the Battle of Endor in The Return of the Jedi, the Rebellion is basically done for. Lured into a trap by the Empire, all the rebels could do was to fight off one attack after another, hoping for a miracle to turn the tide around.
And a miracle does come, in the sacrifice of this pilot who destroys the Executor.
All we know about him is his name – Arvel Crynyd – and that he was the leader of the Green Team. Hell, even the actor who played him was uncredited.
Green Leader, a comic by Daniel Warren Johnson, attempts to flesh out Arvel Crynyd and gives him a little more character than merely the guy who flew his ship into a star destroyer.
The story is also extremely sad.
No, really, don’t take my word for it. Read Green Leader and be filled up with the feels. It manages to tell so much with no words, and it helps that the art is fantastic. Read the entire story here.
If you liked this, these other posts may interest you:
- ‘Project Octopath Traveler Demo’ Impressions: Is It Worth It?
- ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Fails Miserably.
- The Lapsed Gamer: My Top 5 Nintendo Switch Games of 2017
- The Lapsed Gamer: What I’m Currently Playing
- ‘Doctor Who: Twice Upon A Time’ Review: A Melancholic, Contemplative Goodbye