In the Battle of Endor in The Return of the Jedi, the Rebellion is basically done for. Lured into a trap by the Empire, all the rebels could do was to fight off one attack after another, hoping for a miracle to turn the tide around.
And a miracle does come, in the sacrifice of this pilot who destroys the Executor.
All we know about him is his name – Arvel Crynyd – and that he was the leader of the Green Team. Hell, even the actor who played him was uncredited.
Green Leader, a comic by Daniel Warren Johnson, attempts to flesh out Arvel Crynyd and gives him a little more character than merely the guy who flew his ship into a star destroyer.
The story is also extremely sad.
No, really, don’t take my word for it. Read Green Leader and be filled up with the feels. It manages to tell so much with no words, and it helps that the art is fantastic. Read the entire story here.
- ‘Batman: Bad Blood’ Review: Band-Aids Don’t Fix Bullet Holes
- ‘Project Octopath Traveler Demo’ Impressions: Is It Worth It?
- How ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Looks Like Without Visual Effects
- We’re Home: ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Review
- ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Fails Miserably.