Most of us use social media sites like Twitter, Facebook and Google+ to procrastinate, communicate and catch up with our friends, but social media is, in recent years, growing beyond mere channels for mild amusement. For every useless Twitter hashtag like #ImproveFilmTitlesByAddingInMyPants, we have seen the outrage over the dancing kid on Willie Revillame’s show, among other things, thrive on social media.
This is what the Tatt Awards is all about. The Tatt Awards aim to shine the limelight on technophiles, video vamps, and ardent advocates for change, giving them the chance to be recognized for their passion to create, inspire and lead
in social media.
Here are the ten categories you can nominate the ones who you think deserve to be recognized for their work:
- The One: the most influential trendsetter that shaped opinion, moved people and prompted action
- Ballbreaker: a blogger or a Twitter user who started a debate, sparked conversations or a revolution of opinions with just one hard-hitting post
- Stylisimo: a person that not only reviewed fashion but also set a trend one that everyone followed
- Indie Rocker: a musical band or indie artist who fought hard to claim their space in the hearts of Filipino audience via webtime
- Wordslayer: a blogger whose mastery of words showed wit, humor and grit to the Philippine blogosphere
- Artiste: an inspiring person whose fiery passion for creating visual art through original graphic design, animation or photography has caught fire in the Philippine online art scene
- Tech Junkie: a blogger, podcaster or Twitter user who shares access to the latest in trends and the fast pace world of e-knowledge
- Thought-mover: a Twitter user who sparked a fire in the Philippine Twittersphere with one unique hashtag
- Video Slinger: an individual or group who shook the Pinoy web space with thought-provoking or entertaining video.
- The Advocate: a person or a group of individuals who worked to improve the state of societal cause in the Philippines through social media