Maybe you’ve read a Daredevil review or two lately. And you’ve probably seen the standard stuff: it’s gritty, it’s violent, and it’s a great entry to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
You’ve also probably heard a lot of praise for the hallway fight scene in episode 2, “Cut Man,” where one uninterrupted shot was used to showcase the best fight scene in the whole damn series. The hallway fight scene drew comparisons to the corridor fight scene in Oldboy, which also featured a lone protagonist fighting off a huge number of enemies in a cramped hallway.
So just how similar are the two hallway fight scenes? Cineflect made a video essay comparing the two:
Obviously, picking a winner is pointless. Both scenes are well-made and fantastic in their own right. But if we had to pit Daredevil vs Oldboy, which one would you pick? Tell me about it in the comments!
- How ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Looks Like Without Visual Effects
- A History of Violence: ‘Wulverblade’ Review
- A Christmas Gift List For That Geek Friend In Your Life (Who is Probably Named Ade)
- ‘Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle’ Review: Why Does It Work?
- Review: “Axiom Verge” is a Creepy Ride Into Glitchy Terrain