If you’re anything like me, you may have spent a couple of years of your childhood watching the seminal Batman: The Animated Series by Bruce Timm and basically forming, in our heads, the perfect and ideal version of Batman that no other movie or comic to this day has come close to replicating.
Or maybe you’re not like me and you don’t spend at least seven hours a day thinking about Batman. Or maybe you don’t randomly open up conversations about Batman with strangers. Or you don’t do that raspy Christian Bale “I’M BATMAN” voice when you’re alone. I… I don’t do those things either.
Anyway, if you’ve seen Batman: The Animated Series, you’ve seen the title sequence and you just know how amazing it was. I haven’t forgotten it, and I still think those 60 seconds capture the essence of Batman quite perfectly.
So here’s a treat for you: here’s the original storyboards for that amazing Batman: The Animated Series title sequence.
It’s such a great title sequence, and this gives us a glimpse on how it was made by Bruce Timm and company. Just click on each image to enlarge it.
That was something, wasn’t it? Now if you’ve been hearing the theme song the whole time you were looking at the storyboard, you can watch the actual title sequence below:
What was your favorite Batman: The Animated Series episode? Tell me about it in the comments!
- ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Fails Miserably.
- ‘Doctor Who: Twice Upon A Time’ Review: A Melancholic, Contemplative Goodbye
- The Lapsed Gamer: Games I’m Looking Forward to Playing this 2017
- ‘Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle’ Review: Why Does It Work?
- You Can Play ‘The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’ in ‘Super Mario Maker’